Sociaal Fonds Podiumkunsten - EN
what we do
our own courses
You can find our offer of training here. Some courses are also given in English. Questions or suggestions for courses are always welcome at email@example.com or via our colleagues Marjolein Ools and Christa Criel.
Organisations can also request courses specifically for their own staff. These on-demand training courses are held inside your organisation.
We provide financial support for course participation: the training credit.
- Individuals have a maximum of 600 euro per year available as training credit. You can use this for our courses or those of other training organisations.
- Organisations can request up to 7,500 euro per year.
Employers who are in pc 304 can also claim back from us the cost of training organised by third parties. For this, we require an invoice and a certificate of attendance. Applications should be made via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Several times a year, we bring together colleagues who exercise the same functions for group discussions on topics that they choose themselves. Currently, there are three colleague groups:
- HR managers and officers: about 90 members / coordinator: email@example.com
- health and safety advisers or managers: about 80 members / coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- communication managers: 35 members / coordinator: email@example.com
career coaching: INTER.MEZZO
We offer career coaching for the performing arts sector. Our coaches know the sector and act as a sounding board for questions about careers. They help people to reach the point where they can independently and actively steer their own careers.
- performing artists: dancers, actors, musicians, singers, circus artists...
- everyone else with a function in the performing arts sector: technicians, front office, dramatists, producers, logistics staff, business managers...
There are two ways of accessing our career coaching:
- career vouchers: The main requirement is that the participant should be an employee or self-employed at the time of the application and can demonstrate at least one year of work experience within the past two years. More details at vdab.be/loopbaanbegeleiding. Those who are entitled to these vouchers should contact our coaches directly. However, you can only use the vouchers for coaching given in Dutch.
- If the participant cannot claim vouchers, but is active in the sector, then he or she may be able to access our own sectoral budget. For this option, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
In either case, a personal contribution of 40 euros is required for four hours’ coaching, which can be extended once by a further four hours.
financial benefits and social agreements
Since 2006, employers in our sector have been paying an additional 1.5% of gross salaries to the National Social Security Office (RSZ-ONSS). Through this levy, the sector provides for a supplementary pension.
This sectoral pension is in the form of an Ethias group insurance scheme. To qualify for the supplementary pension, the person must have worked in the sector for at least 130 days during his professional life.
Everyone can check their current pension status at MyPension.be. At the time the pension falls due, Ethias automatically contacts the pensioner.
supplementary bonus for artists
In addition to the sectoral supplementary pension, there is an extra supplementary bonus for artists. Since 2008, the Flemish authorities have set aside a budget for this payment, which is shared out among all the artists. Account is taken of their age and their gross earnings. Entitlement is automatic.
Employees of subsidised organisations are entitled to a gross year-end bonus of 600 euros (2019 figure) if your contract(s) last longer then 4 months. If you worked with contract shorter then 4 months, we will pay the year-end bonus which was € 1.150 gross for 1,5 FTE in 2019 for the periode of 1st January 2018 until 30th June 2019.
trade union bonus
Those who are working for subsidised organisations and are members of a trade union are entitled to a trade union bonus. This sum, which covers part of their union dues, was 65 euros in 2019. We send all workers an application form for this during the month of September. They can then pass the form on to their trade union.
In our sector, various collective agreements have been signed between workers’ and employers’ organisations. The most important and comprehensive one is on pay and labour values.
In addition, the social partners have signed quite a few other collective agreements, more details.
internships and vacancies
We provide an up-to-date listing of all vacancies and internships in the performing arts sector in Flanders and Dutch-speaking Brussels. You can check it out here.
We can also answer your questions about what kinds of internship are possible or how to draw up a vacancy notice.
safety and well-being
We run various projects dealing with safety and well-being. But they are mostly in Dutch:
- basic training for safety and health advisers / more details in Dutch
- ARIANE, an administrative risk management system / more details in Dutch
- work perception survey / more details in Dutch
- transgressive behaviour / On this topic, we also refer you to www.engagementarts.be. They also provide information in French and English. / more details in Dutch
- skills and talent management / more details in Dutch
Through these projects, we are working to improve cultural diversity in our sector:
SPRKR stands for SPReeKuuR, the Dutch word for “consultation time”. At SPRKR, we receive artists with various different frames of reference and/or artists involved in contemporary art forms that are not often found in the field of regular, subsidised art.
In principle, as well as artists, organisations, groups or collectives can take part in SPRKR.
We hold discussions so as to gain a thorough understanding of the participants’ situation and needs. Then we give advice. It can range from referrals or knowledge-sharing to joint drafting or support for a particular project.
Do you fit the target group profile for SPRKR or are you interested in having a talk? Contact Shari Legbedje, email@example.com
On the cultural diversity side, we are also working on these two projects, mainly in Dutch: