over de organisatie
Caravan Production is a Brussels-based production office that supports artists from the performing arts with their artistic trajectories and projects.
over de functie
We’re looking for an intern to help us with production of Pearls, a new piece by Joshua Serafin. Joshua is a multidisciplinary artist from the Philippines, whose work asks questions about identity, migration, queer politics and representation. Pearls will be a performance with a trio on stage. Together they wish to create contemporary rituals for queer bodies. It takes as a starting point the Filipino pre-colonial identity, which is fluid and doesn’t conform to binary representation. The performance wants to transfigure this local experience to a much more global consciousness. The work hopes to rewrite history and speculate a possible future, by fantasizing through the transformation of our physical selves embodying gods and goddesses. A societal reimagining and empowerment for the entirety of the Global South and brown bodies.
Take a look at our website to learn more about our artists and projects.
As a production intern you will be a central part of the team for the creation, the première and first tour of Pearls. You’ll join the team on residencies in Antwerp and Ghent, for the première in VIERNULVIER in February and for a subsequent tour in Beursschouwburg, STUK, KAAP and Theater Antigone. In close collaboration with the project responsible, you’ll take over several production tasks: organizing residencies, contacting presentation partners, coordinating meetings between the different members of the team, small practical tasks, documenting parts of the rehearsal, and many more depending on the needs of the production. You will work together and closely communicate with all members of the team: performers, technicians, costume designers, dramaturge etc. You will be a close sparring partner to the artist.
Apart from that, you will join us at our Caravan office in Brussels and will be involved in the daily workings of our team.
- You’re interested in performance art and want to experience the creation of a performance piece from the inside. Having a specific interest in the themes that are developed within Pearls is a plus.
- You’re a strong organizer, are proactive and you don’t mind taking on different practical tasks.
- You look forward to being a part of a team and to get to know all the people involved. You’re a good communicator.
- You have a very good working knowledge of English (spoken and written), knowing Dutch is a plus but not a necessity.
- You’re open to work in weekends and on evenings, and to travel to Antwerp and Ghent.
Your skills are the decisive factor, regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, or disability.
- A home base in the Caravan office in Brussels, where you will work closely together with the project responsible for Pearls, and to a lesser extent with the other two colleagues. You’ll get insight in how a small production office functions.
- You’ll be a central player in the creation and first tour of a performance, with a close working relationship to the artist and the artistic-technical team.
- An internship in the period December 2023 – March 2024. We’ll discuss your exact working days and moments according to your schedule. Be aware that the most intense part of the creation and first tour will be beginning February – half March.
- Reimbursement of your travel costs.
wijze van solliciteren
Send your CV and a short motivation at the latest on 15th October to email@example.com with ‘Application internship’ in the topic.